We hope you love the products we recommend. TheMeatHouseBlog.com may earn a commission on qualifying purchases from Amazon Associates or other vendors. Read more here.
Last Updated on October 29, 2021
Mother’s Day is almost here, do you know how you’re celebrating the mom in your life? Ditch the floral tablecloth idea and get mom what she really wants- a fresh fillet of salmon and some delicious Meat House sides!
Salmon is a multi-faceted fish, known for being quite healthful because of its high content of protein, omega-3’s and vitamin D. Mom will be glad to know you’re watching out for her taste buds and her health!
For a simple, yet flavorful salmon recipe try our Mustard Chili Salmon. This recipe features a rich salmon fillet drizzled with a spicy mustard sauce with a hint of sweet brown sugar. Both sweet and spicy- just like mom! Your mom will be so impressed she’ll totally forget she ever wanted those boring gardening gloves.
Mustard Chili Salmon
Total Time: 15 Minutes
4 6 oz salmon fillets (skin on)
Mustard Chili Sauce
1 cup coarse mustard
½ cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp chili powder
2 Tbsp cold tap water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all mustard ingredients in small saucepan, heat to dissolve sugar and then cool.
- While sauce is cooling heat cleaned grill to medium-high heat and carefully oil grates (lightly).
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and place on grill skin side up.
- Grill for 2 minutes ensuring fillet does not stick when turned. Turn ¼ turn (on a diagonal) and continue to grill for 2 minutes.
- Turn fillet over and finish cooking, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Plate and drizzle sauce over fillet.