Father’s Day was founded over 100 years ago in Spokane, Washington by Sonora Smart Dodd. Her father, a Civil War veteran, was a single parent of six children and Dodd wanted to create a holiday similar to Mother’s Day, but to honor dads. She held the first celebration at a YMCA and gave traditional gifts (for that time), such as ties and tobacco pipes. Since then, retailers across the globe have adopted the holiday and sold presents designed just for dad. But with all of the gift options, it can be difficult to pick the perfect one.
The Meat House wants to make choosing the right Father’s Day gift as easy as 1-2-T! We offer a great selection of meat, but this year we suggest treating dad to something extra special with our T-bone steak. The T-bone, also known as the bone-in sirloin, is a top choice for grilling because the bone keeps the steak juicy and flavorful. And how can you make your gift this year even better? Cook it for him! If you really want to impress dad, we suggest keeping it simple and delicious with our Perfect T-bone Recipe.
The Perfect T-bone
- The Meat House T-bone steak
- Original CAMP MIX, sold at all Meat House locations
*Note for this Father’s Day weekend (June 15 & 16) you can receive a FREE bottle of CAMP MIX for every $30 or more spent on bone-in meat at participating Meat House locations.
- Ariston olive oil
Prep Time: 30-40 minutes (inactive)
- Remove steak from fridge and allow 30 to 40 minutes to come to room temperature. (This step is very important for an evenly cooked steak, don’t skip it!)
- Pre-heat your grill to 500° or medium/high temperature. Clean surface of grill and lightly oil with Ariston olive oil.
- Season both sides of the steak with the Original CAMP MIX.
- Place steak on medium/high grill for 3 minutes, with the ends pointing to 2 and 8 o’clock. After 3 minutes, turn ends to 5 and 10 o’clock and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Flip your steak over and cook for 3 minutes, again pointing to 2 and 8 o’clock. After 3 minutes, turn ends to 5 and 10 o’clock and cook for an additional 3 minutes. This turning process is key to get the signature perfect grill marks on your steak.
- Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature. Follow the chart below to achieve your desired degree of doneness.
- Lastly and most importantly, move steak to non-heated part of grill (or plate if necessary) and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Although this will be VERY difficult, it’s crucial in keeping the steak moist and sealing in the juices.
It’s as simple as that. And if you really want to spoil dad, try wrapping some fresh vegetables in tinfoil (we suggest some of our seasonal veggies, like summer squash or zucchini), with just a drizzle of Ariston olive oil and throwing them on the grill for about 10-12 minutes. Easy and delicious – dads you can thank us later.